Banner images are the 8 main large images on the home page of your site.
In this article:
- How do I turn on / off the Mega Banner?
- In what order are my banners displayed?
- How do I change my banner images, links, or alt text?
- What size should my banner images be?
How do I turn on / off the Mega Banner?
- In the theme customizer, go to the Mega Banner section.
- Check or uncheck the box Display mega banner to toggle the mega banner visibility.
In what order are my banners displayed?
Banners are numbered left to right, top to bottom. See image below.
How do I change my banner images, links, or alt text?
- In the theme customizer, under the section titled Mega Banner, scroll down to the correct banner slot number and change the image URL, link, or alt tag.
- Images are loaded in the BigCommerce image manager using partial filepaths.
Click here to view our guide on how to use Partial Filepaths.
- If you don’t want to display a specific banner, leave the Image URL blank.
- For the Carousel, it is using the native Carousel feature in BigCommerce.
Please check the guide here for more info: Carousel Builder
What size should my banner images be?
- Banner 1 is 1184×383 px.
- Banners 2 and 3, on the right, are 800×245 px.
- Banners 4, 5, 6 and 7 are 500×500 px square
- Banner 8 on the bottom is 1811×200 px.